Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Visit From An Old Friend

Today an old beloved friend came to visit me. Over the last year and a half her visit used to leave me feeling emotionally drained, disappointed, and heartbroken. She used to cause me to be anxious and wait for signs of her arrival. In fact, I used to try and avoid her like the plague. Today when she showed up I wasn't expecting her until tomorrow or Monday. It was such a welcomed surprise that I yelled in excitement.

I am hoping her visit this time is the last one for a while. You see, with her arrival comes hope for a new beginning. This month her arrival is opening a door of opportunity. This may not be her last visit for this year but I'm praying with every bone in my body that it is. Because in her absence, I would receive an amazing gift.

Welcome my old friend! I've been waiting for you. Because of you this Thursday we will begin our stims. Thank you but don't come back for the next 9-10 months, k?

4 comments:

  1. Stunning post - it sums up perfectly what I experienced when AF arrived for us last week. Good luck with the stimms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sista, I'm agreeing with you in prayer that Flo will go on a long awaited vacation. : ) Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for getting to start stimS!!!I'll be praying she stays away for a long long time! Good luck with the stims!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog yesterday. It really made my week...seriously!!! I hope that you soon will know the same joy!! Good luck starting your stims tomorrow!!!! I will be praying for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete