Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Unwavering Hope

I am on Day 4 of stims. The injections are not bad at all. Perhaps its my husbands' steady hand or my running mantra of "whatever it takes." The side effects though I'm definitely trying to deal with. Because of my suspected high FSH levels (my 1st was at 11 and my second was 7) I was put on a high dosage of folli*stim (450 units).

I went in on Sunday morning for my 1st bloodwork after starting the stims. Dr. Hope normally begins the sonogram and she normally speaks to me to tell me what she sees and this time she was quiet. She told me to wait and see what the bloodwork indicates. As she's leaving the room I ask her if everything looks okay and she smiles and shows me a pokerface and says "It's too early to tell." When she leaves I start to bawl. My husband says to calm down but I knew something was wrong.

The nurse calls me to tell the blood results and she says that they are going to increase my dosage because they are not happy with my response to the drugs. She tells me that I will be on the highest dosage of folli*stim (600 units). Tomorrow I go in for my bloodwork and sonogram. I don't know if she didn't see any follies or if there was only 1. I don't know and I feel like I should've asked but I was feeling so confident because I felt like my hormones (I still do) are on overdrive.

I literally fell apart yesterday because I know what this could mean for us: canceled IVF due to poor response. What if I can't ever produce enough follicles for a successful IVF?

I feel 100 different things all at once but most of all I feel like this is yet another hurdle to cross.

I ask you, whoever may read my blog today to please send out a prayer that my body may respond to the folli*stim. Please, I just want to have a chance at this. I don't want to end before we've even begun. Please lift my name up. I would appreciate it so very much. I feel like I need all the prayers I can get.

Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, so bummed things are not going as planned. Hopefully the increase will help.

    I don't have any experience with follistim. I have seen stories though where the follies come out of the woodwork at the last minute. It probably is too early to tell how things will work out.

    One thing I've learned about IVF, you just never know anything. With me they saw a bunch of follies and we got 1 egg. It's all trial and error. No two situations are alike. Just take it day by day.

    Praying for you appointment tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things aren't going as well or as easily as you hoped. I hope that the increased follistim works, and the worry was for nothing. I will definitely be thinking of you, and hoping that things work out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Rachel. I know this is like a roller coaster. I am not in control at all. Thank you for your good wishes and for praying for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni,

    I hope that my chronic worrying will also be for nothing. Thank you for thinking about me and for your good wishes. It means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers your way right now! I too didn't respond well initially, but once they increased my medication my body started doing what it was supposed to...hope the same holds true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been lurking on your blog for a little bit now, but felt compelled to post today to let you know that I will definitely pray for you. God's peace be with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Honey, your doc deserves to be shot, doesn't she know that more information is ALWAYS better, as it's the fear of the unknown that drives us crazy. I am really hoping that the stimms start working their magic and the rest of this cycle goes much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so hope that you see a change- it seems really early to tell after just starting the stims. I've been following your journey, we just started stims this last weekend for our first IVF cycle. I'm thinking about you, and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending lots of prayers your way.

    Finally, I added you to my blogroll and Google Reader. Look forward to reading more.
    liddy @ the unfair struggle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers and good wishes. I am trying my best to be positive regardless. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete