Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Slow and Steady

It has been quite the emotional rollercoaster. If there is one word to describe an IVF cycle it would be unexpected. Such highs and lows.

Last night I felt so much back pain that I normally get when I ovulate. I was trying to keep the faith but a part of me was sure that I had ovulated. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck this morning during my sonogram. When Dr. Hope told me my follies were all there and that I didn't ovulate I could've kissed her. Actually I believe my exact words were "Oh Thank God! You made my day! I love you!!!" She smiled and said "you're so cute!" but she was probably thinking I was insane.

She also mentioned again the importance of quality over quantity since to date I have 3-4 follies. For all its worth, it was nice to hear. I felt encouraged.

Tonight at 11:15 pm my husband will give me my trigger shot. Egg retrieval is scheduled for this Friday at 10:15.

I continue to have faith and hope. I keep coming back to this and that is that no matter what the outcome I will not regret this. I am proud of us for coming this far.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

2 comments: