We found out on Saturday that we have embryos. With male factor infertility, our biggest problem was that my hubby's sperm could not penetrate my egg(s). Even when I had a record 4-5 eggs on Clomid. Not one egg was fertilized. Imagine our excitement when we found out, through God's grace we made life. I haven't ceased in praying for these little lives that we want a chance to nurture. I want them with us. They belong with us so I am genuinely over the moon about getting the transfer. It will be the first time I have ever been this close.
Over the last couple of weeks, when thinking about the prospect of having embryos, I kept struggling about whether to remain detached to preserve my heart or allowing myself to connect with these little parts of us. I think my heart has decided for me.
Tomorrow will be emotional for us both. We have waited a long time to get this close. Despite the reality that this can end in one of two ways---one bringing us joy unimaginable, the other leaving us at square one---I don't want to think about anything other than I want them with me so that my body can take over and begin to take care of them.
I know in my core that no matter what I will be ok. My husband and I will be ok. God and I will be ok.
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1
My husband and I

I'm praying all goes well for you guys and that you hear the good news you've been waiting for. Keep me posted.
ReplyDeleteGreat news!! Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLily, thank you for your prayers.
ReplyDeleteRach, thank you so much for being a constant cheerleader for me throughout my cycle. I really appreciate it! Thank you!
ReplyDelete