Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

Bed Rest, Happy, & P.U.P.O

This morning I had my transfer. Two beautiful little embies were transferred which we have affectionately named Chubby & Nugget.

Dr. Hope said that we have many reasons to be hopeful.

The hardest part of the transfer was my full bladder. I could hear my Dr. prepping in the OR room for transfer and all I could think about was, let's get this show on the road so I can pee. Then once I was lying on the table the nurse used the sonogram and rubbed it on my stomach and said "Oh wow! yeah your bladder is full."

The sonogram was supposed to show the embies going in but I didn't really see it. It's ok b/c I thought it would be this magical moment of seeing a light that many describe. I was bummed about experiencing something like that without my husband (they didn't let him come in). So all in all I'm glad he didn't really miss anything.

It's very surreal to be on this side. This road was bumpy. All we kept praying for was a chance at this and God heard us. It's so amazing to internalize that I am P.U.P.O (pregnant until proven otherwise). Right now I have life floating in me.

We are just elated to have gotten to this point. Now I will trust that my body will take over and know how to take care of our embies.

I've been meditating and doing yoga throughout this cycle. It's been so incredible and has really helped to calm me.

I vow to trust this process and to take this day by day. Today we are absolutely over the moon to have a chance at having our dreams of starting our family come true.

Thank you to all who have been following our journey and praying for us. My deepest gratitude goes out to you all.

4 comments:

  1. So glad it went well. Have a great time relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to Chubby and Nugget settling in for the long haul. Take it easy and try to stay as calm as is possible with the exciting thought that your 'maybe babies' are back where they belong where you body can nurture them. Here's hoping the time flies by to test day and the big day brings you the very best news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that the transfer went well. Take care of yourself. I hope that the wait goes quickly and easily, and you get good news at then end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies! I will definitely heed your advice. I will relax and try to enjoy each moment for what it is...a wonderful opportunity. Thank you so much for your good wishes. I really appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete