Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oh the IRONY!!!



Birth control pills.

What else can I say?

I have been trying to avoid all obstacles to getting pregnant and I have just finished swallowing what I once considered to be a little miracle pill.

The fact that BCP's are the first step in creating life is beyond me. I am happy, hopeful, and excited to finally have a real chance at this. I want to stay this way but realistically I know I will have harder days so I will be kind to myself. I will allow myself to have hard days when I'll want to cry or vent.

A part of me feels so ready to dive in! Today is officially the first day of this process. I will be on BCP's for the next 3 weeks. Side effects? Not sure.

Today is day 1 of putting a foreign thing in my body. There will be many more days like these to come.

2 comments: