Tonight was pretty emotional...as I write this I have tears in my eyes.
We went to our IVF consult and met w/ one of the doctors who will be part of this journey...One of 4 Dr. Hope(s). It is official (well not until I write the $$$$$ check)
How is it that I can feel soooo incredibly excited, incredibly terrified, and sooooo incredibly anxious all at the same time?
I have so much hope that we will conceive our baby (babies) this summer.
I want to believe with every fiber of my being that this will be the road of success for us...after so many dead ends.
(side note) My heart was breaking tonight for 2 women who were seen before my husband and I...they were both crying, separately unbeknownst to each other. My heart was breaking for them b/c all I could think of is the pain they are going through...the all familiar heartbreak and mourning of how you always imagined your reproductive story would be....
The human spirit is so amazing, though cause we adjust and adapt and survive.
I said a couple of prayers for them....what I wanted to do was hold their hand and cry with them but for some reason there is this unspoken rule about being quiet and somber in the clinic. There are suttle smiles and avoidance of giving eye contact...you look anywhere else.
The Dr. said that out of all the patients I have a huge advantage, my age is a factor that definitely helps our cause...I hope w/ all of my heart that this is true.
The injections list and IVF protocol is scary but informative. We have a plan... we have a map to follow. This cycle is my last natural before IVF...which means that at the end of this cycle I begin BCP's and then Lupron injections.
I'm exhausted and am still processing all of the information.
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. ~Maya Angelou
Unwavering Hope
- Unwavering Hope
- I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Good luck. I hope that it all works out for you. It sounds like a big step, but one in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenni,
ReplyDeleteIt's crazy how you can feel so many emotions in one. I didn't know I could feel so excited and yet terrifed at once. Mostly I'm just grateful for the chance. Thanks for your good wishes!
Good luck! This is a huge step. I pray that it is successful!!
ReplyDeleteICLW: 156
You're on the cusp of a major next step. Good Luck!!!
ReplyDeleteICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-iclw.html
Here's hoping you get knocked up this summer!!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!!
#40 http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/
I completely understand all the emotions you are feeling. I was there a few short months ago.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything and relax and enjoy your summer before it all begins!
ICLW #165
I am about to embark on the IVF journey soon as well! Best of luck to you.
ReplyDeleteHappy May!
ICLW #90
It is a lot to process but it's not that scary once you get into it! Best of luck :)
ReplyDeleteI know that feeling of being excited, scared, hopeful -- all wrapped up in one. It really is a lot to process, but it'll be worth it.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck!!
ICLW
Wishing you lots of luck in the next part of your journey.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
Thank you all in ICLW soooo very much for your good wishes and support!
ReplyDelete