Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A New Day...

Today is a new day and I am feeling better today...

I am getting just a little taste of the infamous "waiting" everyone talks about. There is a lot I don't know. I don't know what to expect.

Here's what I do know...

I will be contacted by the IVF nurse to schedule my cycle.
By day 10, I will be scheduled for a trial of transfer.
By day 20, I will begin Lupron shots.

A couple of hurdles to this happening:

1. Closing on our Home Equity Loan: This is how we will be able to pay for our cycles.
2. My cysts being gone. I currently have 3 due to side effects with Clomid. Apparently there is only about 5% of getting cysts on Clomid. I suppose I am one of the lucky ones (sigh).
3. Getting approved for the multi-cycle portion of the Attain program.

So if all things fall into place, we will really be on our way. I hope we will be. Please pray that all of these things work out. Thanks to all you who are taking time out of your days to read about my experience.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate the waiting. I think it's been easier on me just taking it one step at a time. My appointment is Tuesday and I'll finally be prescribed my stim meds and dosages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach,

    I'm so excited for you!!! You are one step closer! You are so write,though about taking it one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete