Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Here she blows...

So yesterday the bitch reared her ugly head. I am not hurting as I have in the past...although I am getting tired of the disappointment.

I am so tired of the ups and downs of this horrible rollercoaster. I have an appointment w/ my RE tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn cause I refuse to take any more days off of work for this right now. Work is my life force...its what's keeping me sane. I can't have another day in my head.

I am so tired of taking pregnancy tests w/ the hope that somehow maybe somehow I'll be one of those urban legends you hear about that get pregnant while preparing for IVF. Of course, this is not the path I'm on.

For whatever reason, beyond my understanding, these are the circumstances we've been presented with. The tough decisions that have to be made...the tears that have to be shed...the mental and emotional adjustments one has to make...the bank account that will be depleted all in hopes for an opportunity to bring a miracle baby into this world.

Will I ever be on the other side of this looking back? I miss who I was before this. I'm changed. We both are. Nothing is going to change that. Infertility is now a part of who we are but will parenthood be as well?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I know just ow you feel. I'm sorry that there was no miracle surprise for you. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenni! Gotta keep keepin' on. {{Hugs}} right back at you...I feels so good to know that there are other people who know just what this feels like! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete