This is a picture of life as we know it from now on: O.J. (check), vitamin water (check),bread (check), eggs (check), Lu*pron (check)... too funny!
Yesterday evening we had my last appointment before we started injections. My beloved cysts shrunk to under 10 mm so I was super happy to be given the green light. As Dr. Hope walked out she was reminding me how I will begin injections and how I will be coming in a couple of weeks to begin the stims and be monitored. I said "So its go time!" She laughed and said "Yes, it's go time!" LOVE IT!!!
So last night we received our order of Lu*pron. I cannot tell you how completely ecstatic I was. As strange as this sounds, I couldn't wait for my injection. There is finally something that we can do. Something we can control in this rollercoaster!
This morning I woke up a slight bit nervous but mostly roaring to go. I kept telling myself "I can do this!" The injection was a breeze and my husband was so great. He is so even keel that it puts me completely at ease. In fact, he injected me and I was like "That's it? Did it go in?" Granted the needle is tiny...these are small feats, I'm going to allow myself to be proud of us anyway. Now we wait for reactions like hot flashes, headaches, and mood swings(can't wait for this!)
There is something about me that I am trying to resolve and that is that I am a chronic worrier...it runs in my family. I am vowing to myself to take a different perspective for the 1st time in my life. My outlook and positivity is so important to my sanity through this process. Whatever the outcome of this, I want to look back thinking I didn't stress the way I ALWAYS do. I came up w/ coping mechanisms.
School is over in a couple of days. I will be taking part of a summer school program that will keep me busy enough to not go stir crazy but will be laid back enough that I can make all of my appointments. I have begun doing meditation and yoga. I feel relaxed and open for all that lies ahead. For the first time in my life, I will not allow myself to be driven by anxiety and worry.
I pray that my faith, my determination, and positivity will help me stay focused on the prize.

Glad it went well. I had hot flashes and night sweats for a day or two and then it got better.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing some relaxation techniques!
The Lupron is the first hurdle! I am cheering you on every step of the way. I just did a recap on acupuncture! Are you planning on trying it? I think it does wonders for an IVF cycle. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the follow! I just added your link and I'm your newest follower! Happy ICLW! And, good luck with this cycle. Stay positive!! (Stress Free Infertility)
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW! It sounds like you're off to a good start, and I think that trying not to worry and stress is a good plan, I'll be keeping an eye on you to see how it turns our - I'm a chronic worrier myself.
ReplyDeleteGreat news on the shrinking cyst. Here's to getting started.
ReplyDeleteLove the photo-- I flinch when ppl open our fridge and hope they don't come across the stash of injections when all they want is a beer! :) Happy ICLW. Good luck!
ReplyDelete