Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's definitely beginning to feel real...

Our wallet and bank account is slowly depleting so its definitely feeling real...This is really happening...

This week we reached some goals:

*We were approved for the Attain IVF program where we will be given 4 cycles (2 fresh & 2 frozen) to get the result of a "take home baby."

*We paid an obscene amount of money upfront already which in itself was mixed bag of emotions. We are so grateful that we could pay for IVF, yet I just had a flashback of simpler times in this process. When buying a $200 ovulation predictor seemed a bit excessive...when IUI was option...but i'm glad we are where we are because we are closer today then we ever have been. The realization of this is very exciting.

Patience is important. Today is a good day.

BTW: Music is therapeutic for me so I've decided to add a soundtrack of songs that speak to me during this process. Feel free to skip around or mute my playlist if you so desire. For those of you who don't mind, I hope the words of these songs speak to you as well.

5 comments:

  1. I know the big payment is scary. I just remind myself, if we don't try we'll never know. Is this a program where you get some money back if none of the 4 cycles work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it? No, it's the multi-cycle plan...that other money back one is 6 cycles. You are right though...if we don't try we'll never know. thank you for reminding me of that. Are you glad that the injections are over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paying over the money is the first step - very exciting and daunting. We are about to start our first IVF and so will be watching your progress with much interest. Good luck.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your upcoming IVF. I hope you have a wonderful prize or two at the end of your cycle(s).

    ~ICLW#17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patience is important, and really hard for me right now! Thanks for your soundtrack- I'm enjoying it.

    The financial aspect is really hard. It's so painful to see the bank account drop by so much!

    Good luck with your first cycle! I hope it is the only one you need!

    ReplyDelete