Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Holy Hot Flashes!

Today was very interesting in terms of side effects. I had lunch with my best friend and we decided to eat outside. My best friend had her hair down and a thicker shirt than I did and she was fine. Normally, I am always cold. Well, today I had to skimp down to a tank top with my hair in a bun and I felt pure heat rising. I knew this had something to do with Lu*pron because I never feel that hot,ever.

So I felt like a menopausal woman. This made me feel so guilty for making fun of my mother as she went through menopause and had hot flashes. Yikes, it's biting me in my a**. Driving home, my AC was blasted on high while I wore a tank top. So funny!

On a happier note, my period is coming. I feel it coming. WooHoo!! For the past 2 years getting a visit from Aunt Flo was always unwelcomed and disheartening. This time around, I am counting the days. Once I get my period, I've been instructed to come in on that Thursday or Friday for my baseline bloodwork and for instructions for the stim injections. It's moving along.

No comments:

Post a Comment