Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Miracle of Neo

For those who have followed my blog...surprise!

I am 12 weeks pregnant. I was keeping the news close to my heart and didn't want to post anything because there are people close to me in real life that read this blog. It was too precious to share just yet.

Today we shared our news with the last bit of family. It was so beautiful and everything I could've hoped. My husband and I are so blessed to have family who genuinely love us and rejoice in our happiness. Our family has cried with us, prayed for us, shared in our longing. We are so grateful.

Today, I was able to begin to believe that this is real...I am still processing this gift. When I wake up in the morning, my first thought is about Neo. I wake up with a smile with the understanding that this little being is growing and is safe in my womb.

There are really no words to describe the amount of gratitude we feel.

My husband...now that is someone I can fill pages of a book about. He is so beautiful. His heart is slowly unbreaking. I've seen his eyes well up with tears of happiness and gratitude over the last 3 months. He is going to be an amazing father. Being pregnant has been restorative to us as a couple. We always grew closer after each heartbreaking attempt but it did create this sad void in us. Now, through the grace of God, we are travelling on this other road. I love him. I can't wait for him to be able to be a daddy. He was born for this.

On Monday we have our 12 week scan (Nuchal Translucency Test) and then on Thursday we get to see Neo again for my 13th week appointment.

My deepest gratitude to all who have posted encouraging messages, good wishes, and prayers along this journey. I pray that you continue to keep us in your prayers as you are in mine. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. I am completely over the moon for you guys!!! I can;t believe you managed to keep it to yourselves for so long! CONGRATULATIONS! This is fabulous news! Yah for Neo growing healthily and being so perfect in his Mommy's tummy! Here's to a prefect healthy rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD! PRAISE GOD! WE NEEDED THIS NEWS THIS YEAR. WE needed new birth, hope and the reality of God's presence in our life.
    PRAISE TO HIM.
    WE ARE SO ELATED!!!!

    Ame

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic surprise, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete