Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Triggered and Ready to Go

Tonight my husband gave me my trigger shot. I will go in tomorrow for bloodwork and sonogram.

My ovaries are ready to pop. I feel very sore and uncomfortable so when we got the call that we could trigger tonight I danced a little jig and was excited. One step closer...

We stimmed for 14 days (I know--crazy, huh?) My RE said something funny yesterday. He said "At this rate, you should be ready by Thanksgiving." It's funny! I don't care though cause slow and steady wins the race. Whoever created that phrase had my situation in mind.

The flare protocol seems to have been more effective. I can't tell you how many follicles I have, what my E2 levels are or any other technical thing I worried about last time.

That's how I wanted to embark on this cycle. I made the decision that for me when I knew too much, I worried too much. Why worry about something I have no control over. Instead this time around I have given my dream up to God. I just know that when it is God's time it will happen for us.

Getting to this point has been no small feat. It has taken me a while to not only accept this as our reality but in many ways embrace it so that I may learn something about myself, my husband, my faith. I'm glad I did because I can honestly say that I am a stronger woman because of this. I have learned that our dream is also our loved ones' dream. We feel very blessed to have so many people praying and hoping right along with us.

I am changed because of this reality and revelation.

On a lighter note this morning during our routine visit Dr. Hope came in and checked on my follies. He was silent while he printed out the sonogram photos. I asked him if things were good and he said, Yes things look much better than last time. My heart jumped and I turned and smiled at my husband. At that instant the radio started playing some James Brown "I feel good, dididididididi, I knew that I would..." It was hilarious!! Just another moment that proves that God has an awesome sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment