Here we are...
Seeking comfort, support, encouragement, positivity. We are a network of women who know all too well that having a baby is not as easy as some make it seem.
My husband and I have been married for 4 years and have been TTC to for a year and a half. We found out that we have MFI and as I underwent testing we found out that I have a high fsh level which indicates to possible diminished ovarian reserve. We were told our surest bet was to have IVF w/ ICSI.
Excitedly and full of hope we underwent IVF w/ ICSI in July. I didn't respond as well as they would've hoped so we were on pins and needles the whole cycle wondering if my eggs then our embryos were going to make it to transfer. Unfortunately, even though we had 2 beautiful embryos our result was a BFN. We were heartbroken and pretty devastated.
My husband and I came back from our getaway vacation. We feel renewed in a sense and ready to get back on the saddle. On Tuesday, we will be meeting with my doctor who I affectionately refer to as Dr. Hope. We will be discussing our upcoming IVF cycle. What our protocol will be? I feel ready to move on.
We are determined to start our family. With the support of friends and family, it feels like all of our loved ones share in our dream.
I feel strengthened by your stories and your voices. I hope our story can do the same for you.
St. David's Infertility Prayer
Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings in my life. Help me to remember them as I face the challenges of infertility. I pray that I can surrender myself into your hands. Let me accept the reality of this situation and have the wisdom and courage to take action where I can. Strengthen my body, mind and spirit to endure the trials of infertility. Keep me ever mindful of the needs of others and grant us your peace. Amen.
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. ~Maya Angelou
Unwavering Hope
- Unwavering Hope
- I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Happy ICLW! I'll be excited to hear about your appointment on Tuesday. Ours in on Monday!
ReplyDeleteHi, stopping by from ICLW. Good luck with your next IVF cycle, we are attempting our third in a few days (first cycle got cancelled for over responding and E2 levels that were through the roof, second cycle was BFN with our one blasty from 18 eggs, 15 of which fertilised but only the one that went to blast) We were gutted but like you we are ready to jump back on the IVF wagon and go again! Hopefully my sensitivity to the drugs doesn't fry my eggs again! I hope you get your BFP and wishing you all the best!
ReplyDeleteICLW#10
Hello, visiting from ICLW...want to drop you a note of encouragement. You are lucky that you stimulated well enough to produce good embryos & that is a very good sign! I don't know your full protocol, but if you undergo another cycle I would consider why your embryos failed to implant & pull out all the stops. My approach to patients with implantation failure is to add the following medications:
ReplyDelete1. Aspirin 81 mg per day beginning at the start of the cycle.
2. Heparin 2000 units twice per day beginning at the start of the cycle.
3. Medrol 16 mg daily until transfer then 8 mg from that point until positive pregnancy, then stop.
4. Increase progesterone to 50 mg injection plus Endometrin 100 mg twice per day vaginally. The injections starts on the day of the retrieval and the suppositories start the day after the transfer.
Feel free to visit my blog & look at the Q&A's from other IF sufferers for answers to your questions. www.womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com
Good Luck on your journey!
Great prayer. I know it's tough after a BFN, but you sound very resolved...keep up the positivity it will guide you through...
ReplyDeleteICLW
-Jess (#74)
Best of luck with your upcoming cycle. I don't have much in the way of advice, but know that we're out there rooting for you. I'll be waiting to hear how your appointment goes.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your July cycle. Praying that your next cycle is successful.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
tina #172
I'm so sorry your last wasn't a success. I hope and pray your next cycle is a success.
ReplyDelete#28 ICLW
Thanks for all the wonderful, encouraging comments!
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog through another blog I'm following. I'm so incredibly sorry about your failed IVF. Gosh, I can't even begin to imagine the devastation that brought to your heart. But, I'm glad you feel renewed and ready to go at it again! :)
ReplyDeleteI also love your pictures! Where was the header shot taken? Can you say BREATHTAKING? And I love the picture of you with the plumeria behind your ear. Did you know that the plumeria symbolizes "forever happiness." My sister and I have a special bond with that flower.
Good luck! Rooting for you! :)
~Bobbi @ www.thejohnsonsjourney.com