Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our Appointment

Today we went to our follow up appointment which is affectionately referred to as the WTF appointment.

Dr. Hope shared our sentiment. Dr. Hope started to tell us that even she was at a loss for why our embryos didn't make it. We had a grade of AA (which she said is very, very rare in their lab for any embryo to get that grading) and AB (also beautiful). She actually said she thought our pregnancy would be a "sure thing." She said that if she were me, knowing the quality of our embryos. she would continue trying until she had a baby. Dr. Hope seems to really believe that although I don't produce as many eggs for someone my age, that the eggs I do have are great quality.

For the next cycle Dr. Hope is using a different protocol which is what I wanted to hear. First cycle we learned about how I reacted to the protocol. So we will be forgoing Lupron. Starting stimms full force in hope of getting more eggs.

We will be getting back on the saddle this upcoming cycle. I am more than ready. I feel so empowered by having the experience...knowing what the whole process is like...the shots, ER, ET gives me a sense of peace. Inevitably, I will be less anxious, scared, or nervous about the process. I can't wait!

Moving on...Moving Forward!

2 comments:

  1. You had commented on my blog that I give you hope, and I wanted to let you know that those are my very favorite comments to receive. I never want my success to hurt anyone else still going through all of this, and I'm so glad to know that it is reassuring.

    Hang in there. This road is a terrible one to travel at the time, but the end result is so much sweeter for anyone who has been down it. Hoping you get that baby of yours soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete