Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Last IUI before we pull out the big guns...

RE confirmed today that we are giving IUI with clomid another try but that if we are not successful we should move towards IVF. He started to describe how my husband's latest SA only indicated how my husband's sperm had an "inability to fertilize my egg."

We can't even consider having IVF until the summer time. Dr. said I would begin in May. He said I would start with Lupron shots and that they would monitor how my body responded. He said it was really a 2 month process before IVF.

I find it very difficult to go through the motions up until July. It's still so surreal. We have so much riding on IVF potentially being our answer that the idea of it not working is absolutely terrifying.

I think about how as difficult as this has been for us...If someone said that I could have it easier but it would be with someone else I would choose to stay with my husband. The truth is, we are so blessed...this just goes to show you can't have it all. I am grateful for all the blessings in our life together. I just want to be able to create a family with the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment