Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

We are a-stimmin'!

Today is day 3 of stimms. I am starting to feel some discomfort. I know my ovaries are working as hard as they can. I am thankful for all my body is doing.

Tomorrow I have my first checkup. In the past I've gone and been a bundle of nerves. I can't help but feel pressure to "perform." Saying hello to my old familiar wand buddy and waiting to hear how many eggs my body can produce in a course of days with the help high dosages of drugs. The response has usually been "you don't produce the number of eggs one would at your age." I get it. I'm not going in with any expectation beyond the realm of possibility. I am trusting God, no matter what.

This time I will only compare myself with me. I know that all it takes is one. It doesn't matter that I have a diminished ovarian reserve...I still have the egg.

I want to believe that 2011 will be a year of overcoming challenges, of realizing dreams, of renewed belief in the positive aspects of life. I want to believe that there will be a light at the end of this tunnel.

I know there will be...but when?

Here's to believing that 2011 will be all that we hope it will be.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping so much for you that 2011 holds so much happiness & joy. Keep the positive thoughts flowing as you go into this cycle. Sending love & continued hope your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2011 and best wishes this cycle! I'll be following along.

    ReplyDelete