Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lessons Learned...

So here we are again.

The waiting was so difficult. We should be used to this feeling by now. I guess it doesn't get any easier.

I have finished my bcp's. Tomorrow I will be going in for my baseline bloodwork.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of our second chance.

There are some lessons we learned:

Keep it private:I am naturally an open book. As I was in the throes of finding out about our reasons for not conceiving, I couldn't help but talk to others. I wanted information. I wanted testimonials of success. I wanted to know I wasn't alone. I got a lot of what I wanted but I also reaped the consequences of that. People asked questions...people gave opinions. We were pretty open with our family as well. I had mixed feelings about this because I wanted our family's prayers & support but I also felt like our life was out there for everyone. This made it so difficult when we had to share the bad news. Everyone was so encouraging but we don't want to put ourselves out there like that again.

The Rollercoaster Effect: In all of my reading of other's experiences through IVF, everyone has had ups and downs through their process. There are some appts. where you leave on top of the world....there are others where you think its over. This time around I am better prepared for what this is like.

Accept the things you can't change & make the best of what you can: This lesson speaks for itself.

P.U.P.O I will not utter these words again. The heart's desire is great...it drives you to want to believe with all of your being that you are pregnant at the moment of transfer. I will be more cautious the next time around--if only to perserve our sanity.

This time around it feels good to go through this privately. It's too important.

This time around we are wiser,stronger, more fearless. We pray that this will be it.

2 comments:

  1. Sending prayers for strength & peace your way. What you said is so true, completely different perspective going into it a second time. Leap bravely my friend into the future, hoping that this is the cycle that will bring success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Thank you so very much for your encouraging words. You are strength personified. I am wishing you the very best with your upcoming cycle.

    ReplyDelete