Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Infertility...A word I'd never thought I'd be associated with

I will speak my heart even if I am the only one who reads this...if only to get some peace.
This experience has not been at all what I ever imagined for myself. I always thought my husband and I would decide to have a baby and that after a few months...it would just happen for us. I never imagined that it would take a YEAR...let alone to hear the word infertile.
I'm 28 years old and am a schoolteacher. Children are my life. My career is my calling. My husband works with children with autism. His love for children (particularly w/ special needs) is one of the qualities that most attracted me to him.
I can't help but feel that life can be cruel and unjust.
I hear stories everyday of people who seem to get pregnant by osmosis. Here we are purposefully trying and to no avail.
There are so many people out there who take for granted the miracle of conceiving and bringing a child into this world. It is a gift. It is a miracle from the start.
My husband and I just got our first IUI and I am currently in my 2ww. I told myself to be strong and to prepare myself for another month of disappointment...but my heart won't let me. So I hope and I dream...
And I ask...when will we be blessed?
I hope...because its the only thing I can do....
Here's to unwavering hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment