Aunt Flo came and once again I am heartbroken. I am telling myself its okay to mourn. I sit here in tears as I write this...
Infertility can sometimes be a silent aching...as much support as I have (my dh, my best friend, my therapist)...I sit and feel alone in my heartbreak.
I find myself lost in my thoughts....I look out the window and get lost in my hopes, memories, sadness, confusion, anger. I feel in some ways like I'm a shell of who I used to be.
I go through my days as a version of myself--I am not who I was. The second I leave work and sit in my car my thoughts come back to my longing.
I read recently that infertility causes trauma. I read this in a book I'm devouring entitled "Unsung Lullabies" where the author referred to IF as "reproductive trauma". I know that I am experiencing this. This is something that became a part of my journey in this life. This is something I will never forget and I just pray that we have something beautiful come from this.
I have hope. I just ask God for strength to do what it is we need to, to bring a precious miracle into this world.
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. ~Maya Angelou
Unwavering Hope
- Unwavering Hope
- I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment