Unwavering Hope

My photo
I am a 29 year old woman married to my best friend and love of my life. My husband is 39 and has been diagnosed w/ Male Factor Infertility. I have a diminished ovarian reserve (FSH levels 11.9 & 7.8 ). We have tried IUI's and are now on the path to IVF w/ ICSI. Our third attempt lead us to where we are now. We are now blessed with our miracle son. This is our journey.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

What? Really? How come no one ever mentioned this?

What? Really? How come no one ever mentioned this?

So I went in for my appt. w/ my ob thinking it had been a month since I saw Neo and I was excited.

We walk in to the examination room and there is no sonogram machine. When my doctor came in I asked her where the machine is? are we not seeing Neo today?

She said, no. The next time we will see Neo will be at the 20 week scan. Then if everything, God willing, is okay that will be it. What???

Why have I assumed all this time that you can see your baby everytime you had a doctor's visit??? Why has no one ever mentioned this?

No wonder I've heard of people paying for sonograms...ay!

Well, this settles it...we will definitely be getting a 3D-4D ultrasound!

I realize that if we don't need additional ultrasounds, than that's an indication that everything is okay. I'm not complaining just completely and utterly surprised!

In any case we have 3 more weeks before we see Neo once more.

Here is our last ultrasound:



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, with our first pregnancy I was also shocked by how little happened during those OB visits, it hardly seems worth going! Now that I'm considered high risk though we also see a MFM specialist so we've gotten to see baby a bit more than last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to get myself an ultrasound at one of those 3D places after my doc showed no interest to order me one until 20wks, and that was the bestest-ever treat I could get for myself. Time is flying! I can't believe we are at 17 and half weeks already! are you planning to find out the sex? a 3D u/s could bring you that bonus!;)
    I will check back for new pics of your cute little Neo!

    ReplyDelete