We had our follow consult with Dr. Hope yesterday. I had a lot of questions and concerns about where to go from here. She continues to think we should keep trying because of my age. She reiterated the fact that our clinic does not cancel cycles which I'm so very grateful for. Despite everything we were still glad that we got a chance at trying even if we only had 1 embryo.
The conclusion is that although our embryos are getting high grade and are dividing nicely there seems to be something "chromosomally abnormal" with them. This may be due to the fact that we are dealing with male factor infertility as well. We can't know for sure but the way it was described is that these embryos if they were "normal" should have implanted. The fact that they are not is indicative of something not being right.
We are currently looking for second and third opinions. We are lucky enough to live in NY where there are prestigious and respected hospitals available. So I contacted one in particular and was not given an appointment until they could verify my insurance coverage. Is there something wrong with this picture? I haven't and wasnt' able to make an appointment yet. I'm still waiting for a confirmation phone call. Nice.
We keep going back and forth as to whether we want to stay in our clinic or go elsewhere. I like Dr. Hope. She is candid, honest, and I really think she is rooting for us. Most importantly though she seems to be hopeful that we can get pregnant, if nothing else but my age. I appreciate her optimism.
Right now we are trying to weigh our options and take some time to recover from this. In all reality, our favorite time is when we are cycling. The dreaded shots are the anticipated shots because it's the only thing we can do or have control over.
We are waiting once again.
They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will rise on the wings of eagles. They will walk and not be weary. They will run and not be faint.

No comments:
Post a Comment